PLDR/PLDR+60 Level 1
|Rated output torque
|Emergency braking torque
Allow 1000 times in the working life of the gearbox
|3 x NOM.Output
|Rated input speed
(T2N, 20°C ambient temperature)
|Maximum input speed
|Maximum return clearance
|PLDR60≤8ARCMIN PLDR+60≤5ARCMIN Custom made≤3ARCMIN
(nt=3000rmp, gearbox 20°C)
|in.lb / arcmin
|Maximum radial force
|Maximum axial force
|Maximum roll torque
|Efficiency at full load
|The maximum allowable temperature of the shell
|The direction of rotation
|Input and output in the same direction
|Working noise (i=10 and n1=3000rpm no load)
Quick selection of size
PLDR(figure: i=4) PLDR/PLDR+ HIGH PRECISION(figure: i=4)
Applicable to periodic working days (ED≤60%) Applicable to periodic working days (ED≤60%)
Design & technology
- According to the relevant parameters provided by the customer, the CZPT engineering software is used to create the motion load curve diagram of the mechanism equipment to obtain the corresponding parameters and derive the motion load curve. Intuitively display important parameters and load indexes in the transmission system to help customers carry out reasonable structural design.
- SIGRINER provides a motor database from 500 servo motor manufacturers worldwide
We are honored to provide you with our applied computing and transmission design expertise. We can provide relevant training according to your needs.
Technical testing center
- We provide fast supply and strong support all over the world through a complete sales and service network
- With years of rich experience, our authoritative experts provide market-leading consulting services for various industrial sectors
- Robotics, automation and manipulator technology
A variety of servo gearboxes and mechanical transmission systems, from economical to high-end models; can be applied to various robots and their auxiliary axes, such as transmission shafts and station control devices
- Printing machine
Innovative gearbox ensures stability, synchronization accuracy and long-term accuracy even at high speeds
The perfect solution for high-quality printing processes and other continuous duty applications
Option: integrated sensor for monitoring paper tension and similar parameters
- Machine tools and manufacturing systems
High precision, stable operation and high efficiency are all derived from stable, zero backlash and high rigidity mechanical system solutions, such as the application of products on feed, rotation and auxiliary axes
- Food and packaging machinery
A series of gearboxes specially designed for various shafts used in the field of packaging technology (including gearboxes with anti-corrosion design)-can maximize work efficiency, mechanical flexibility and cycle speed
- Textile machine
Features of CZPT Precision planetary gearbox
- Very high power density, torque increased by 40%
- Easy motor installation, optional installation with length compensation
- Flexible installation, the gearbox can be installed vertically, horizontally, and up or down together with the driven shaft
- Very high positioning accuracy, return clearance is less than arc minutes
- Through helical gear meshing, the operation is stable, and the running noise is less than 50dB-A
- The world’s leading life expectancy, and the raw materials and mechanism of the seal ring have been optimized
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Conical – Cylindrical Gear
|Planetary Gear Reducer
Concept of Coaxial and Parallel Shaft Arrangements in Planetary Gearboxes
In planetary gearboxes, the arrangement of shafts plays a crucial role in determining the gearbox’s overall structure and functionality. The two common shaft arrangements are coaxial and parallel configurations:
Coaxial Shaft Arrangement: In a coaxial arrangement, the input shaft and output shaft are positioned along the same axis, resulting in a compact and streamlined design. The planetary gears and other components are aligned concentrically around the central axis, allowing for efficient power transmission and reduced space requirements. Coaxial planetary gearboxes are commonly used in applications where space is limited, and a compact form factor is essential. They are often employed in robotics, automotive systems, and aerospace mechanisms.
Parallel Shaft Arrangement: In a parallel arrangement, the input and output shafts are positioned parallel to each other but on different axes. The planetary gears are aligned in a way that allows the power to be transmitted from the input shaft to the output shaft via a combination of meshing gears. This arrangement allows for a larger gear diameter and higher torque transmission capabilities. Parallel planetary gearboxes are often used in applications requiring high torque and heavy-duty performance, such as industrial machinery, construction equipment, and material handling systems.
The choice between coaxial and parallel shaft arrangements depends on the specific requirements of the application. Coaxial configurations are favored for compactness and efficient power transmission, while parallel configurations excel in handling higher torque and heavy loads. Both arrangements offer distinct advantages and are chosen based on factors like available space, torque demands, load characteristics, and overall system design.
Enhancing Wind Turbine System Performance with Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes play a crucial role in enhancing the performance and efficiency of wind turbine systems. Here’s how they contribute:
1. Speed Conversion: Wind turbines operate optimally at specific rotational speeds to generate electricity efficiently. Planetary gearboxes allow for speed conversion between the low rotational speed of the wind turbine rotor and the higher speed required by the generator. This speed adaptation ensures the generator operates at its peak efficiency, resulting in maximum power generation.
2. Torque Amplification: Wind turbine blades may experience varying wind speeds, which result in fluctuating torque loads. Planetary gearboxes can amplify the torque generated by the rotor blades before transmitting it to the generator. This torque multiplication helps maintain stable generator operation even during wind speed variations, improving overall energy production.
3. Compact Design: Wind turbines are often installed in locations with limited space, such as offshore platforms or densely populated areas. Planetary gearboxes offer a compact design, allowing for efficient power transmission within a small footprint. This compactness is vital for accommodating gearboxes in the limited nacelle space of the wind turbine.
4. Load Distribution: Wind turbines are subjected to varying wind conditions, including gusts and turbulence. Planetary gearboxes distribute the load evenly among multiple planet gears, reducing stress and wear on individual components. This balanced load distribution improves gearbox durability and reliability.
5. Efficiency Optimization: Planetary gearboxes are known for their high efficiency due to their parallel axis arrangement and multiple gear stages. The efficient power transmission minimizes energy losses within the gearbox, resulting in more power being converted from wind energy to electricity.
6. Maintenance and Reliability: The robust construction of planetary gearboxes contributes to their durability and longevity. Wind turbines often operate in challenging environments, and the reliability of the gearbox is crucial for minimizing maintenance and downtime. Planetary gearboxes’ low maintenance requirements and ability to handle varying loads contribute to the overall reliability of wind turbine systems.
7. Variable Speed Control: Some wind turbines use variable-speed operation to optimize power generation across a range of wind speeds. Planetary gearboxes can facilitate variable speed control by adjusting the gear ratio to match the wind conditions. This flexibility improves energy capture and reduces stress on turbine components.
8. Adaptation to Turbine Size: Planetary gearboxes are available in various sizes and gear ratios, making them adaptable to different turbine sizes and power outputs. This versatility allows wind turbine manufacturers to select gearboxes that align with specific project requirements.
Overall, planetary gearboxes play a pivotal role in optimizing the performance, efficiency, and reliability of wind turbine systems. Their ability to convert speed, amplify torque, and distribute loads makes them a key component in harnessing wind energy for clean and sustainable electricity generation.
Advantages of Planetary Gearboxes Compared to Other Gearbox Configurations
Planetary gearboxes, also known as epicyclic gearboxes, offer several advantages compared to other gearbox configurations. These advantages make them well-suited for a wide range of applications. Here’s a closer look at why planetary gearboxes are favored:
- Compact Size: Planetary gearboxes are known for their compact and space-efficient design. The arrangement of multiple gears within a single housing allows for high gear reduction ratios without significantly increasing the size of the gearbox.
- High Torque Density: Due to their compact design, planetary gearboxes offer high torque density, meaning they can transmit a significant amount of torque relative to their size. This makes them ideal for applications where space is limited, but high torque is required.
- Efficiency: Planetary gearboxes can achieve high efficiency levels, especially when properly lubricated and well-designed. The arrangement of multiple meshing gears allows for load distribution, reducing individual gear tooth stresses and minimizing losses due to friction.
- Multiple Gear Stages: Planetary gearboxes can be designed with multiple stages, allowing for higher gear reduction ratios. This is particularly advantageous when precise control of output speed and torque is required.
- High Gear Ratios: Planetary gearboxes can achieve high gear reduction ratios in a single stage, eliminating the need for multiple external gears. This simplifies the overall design and reduces the number of components.
- Load Sharing: The multiple gear meshing arrangements in planetary gearboxes distribute loads evenly across multiple gears, reducing the stress on individual components and enhancing overall durability.
- High Precision: Planetary gearboxes offer high precision and accuracy in gear meshing, making them suitable for applications that demand precise motion control.
- Quiet Operation: The design of planetary gearboxes often leads to smoother and quieter operation compared to some other gearbox configurations, contributing to improved user experience.
Overall, the advantages of planetary gearboxes in terms of size, torque density, efficiency, versatility, and precision make them an attractive choice for a wide range of applications across industries, including robotics, automotive, aerospace, and industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-10-20