Right Angle Square Mounting Flange High Precision Planetary Gear Box, Small Gearbox Manufacture
High precision planetary gearbox matched with serve motor, stepping motor are widely used. Lowest backlash<3"); High output torques; High efficiency(96%); Honed toothings; 22 ratios I=3, …., 512; Low noise(<65dB(A)); Any mounting position; Easy motor mounting; Life time lubrication; Figure diameters 40, 60, 80, 120, 160mm. More options.
ZDE: Precision planetary-round flange output
ZDF: Precision planetary-square flange output
ZDWE: Precise planetary-right angle round flange output
ZDWF: Precise planetary-right angle square flange output
ZDS: Precise planetary-high rigidity, low back lash
|round mounting flange
|right angle input round mounting flange
|square mounting flange
|right angle input square mounting flange
|high stiffness series
|3, 4, 5, 8, 10
|9, 12, 15, 16, 20, 25, 32, 40, 64
|60, 80, 100, 120, 160, 200, 256, 320, 512
More about our products and company:
|Number of Stator:
|Number of Poles:
Concept of Coaxial and Parallel Shaft Arrangements in Planetary Gearboxes
Coaxial and parallel shaft arrangements refer to the orientation of the input and output shafts in a planetary gearbox:
- Coaxial Shaft Arrangement: In this arrangement, the input and output shafts are aligned along the same axis, with one shaft passing through the center of the other. This design results in a compact and space-efficient gearbox, making it suitable for applications with limited space. Coaxial planetary gearboxes are commonly used in scenarios where the gearbox needs to be integrated into a compact housing or enclosure.
- Parallel Shaft Arrangement: In a parallel shaft arrangement, the input and output shafts are positioned parallel to each other but not on the same axis. Instead, they are offset from each other. This configuration allows for greater flexibility in designing the layout of the gearbox and the surrounding machinery. Parallel shaft planetary gearboxes are often used in applications where the spatial arrangement requires the input and output shafts to be positioned in different locations.
The choice between a coaxial and parallel shaft arrangement depends on factors such as available space, mechanical requirements, and the desired layout of the overall system. Coaxial arrangements are advantageous when space is limited, while parallel arrangements offer more design flexibility for accommodating various spatial constraints.
Differences Between Inline and Right-Angle Planetary Gearbox Configurations
Inline and right-angle planetary gearbox configurations are two common designs with distinct characteristics suited for various applications. Here’s a comparison of these configurations:
Inline Planetary Gearbox:
- Configuration: In an inline configuration, the input and output shafts are aligned along the same axis. The sun gear, planetary gears, and ring gear are typically arranged in a straight line.
- Compactness: Inline gearboxes are more compact and have a smaller footprint, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Efficiency: Inline configurations tend to have slightly higher efficiency due to the direct alignment of components.
- Output Speed and Torque: Inline gearboxes are better suited for applications that require higher output speeds and lower torque.
- Applications: They are commonly used in robotics, conveyors, printing machines, and other applications where space is a consideration.
Right-Angle Planetary Gearbox:
- Configuration: In a right-angle configuration, the input and output shafts are oriented at a 90-degree angle to each other. This allows for a change in direction of power transmission.
- Space Flexibility: Right-angle gearboxes offer flexibility in arranging components, making them suitable for applications that require changes in direction or where space constraints prevent a straight-line configuration.
- Torque Capacity: Right-angle configurations can handle higher torque loads due to the increased surface area of gear engagement.
- Applications: They are often used in cranes, elevators, conveyor systems, and applications requiring a change in direction.
- Efficiency: Right-angle configurations may have slightly lower efficiency due to increased gear meshing complexity and potential for additional losses.
Choosing between inline and right-angle configurations depends on factors such as available space, required torque and speed, and the need for changes in power transmission direction. Each configuration offers distinct advantages based on the specific needs of the application.
Common Applications and Industries of Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes are widely utilized across various industries and applications due to their unique design and performance characteristics. Some common applications and industries where planetary gearboxes are commonly used include:
- Automotive Industry: Planetary gearboxes are found in automatic transmissions, hybrid vehicle systems, and powertrains. They provide efficient torque conversion and variable gear ratios.
- Robotics: Planetary gearboxes are used in robotic joints and manipulators, providing compact and high-torque solutions for precise movement.
- Industrial Machinery: They are employed in conveyors, cranes, pumps, mixers, and various heavy-duty machinery where high torque and compact design are essential.
- Aerospace: Aerospace applications include aircraft actuation systems, landing gear mechanisms, and satellite deployment mechanisms.
- Material Handling: Planetary gearboxes are used in equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to provide controlled movement and high lifting capabilities.
- Renewable Energy: Wind turbines use planetary gearboxes to convert low-speed, high-torque rotational motion of the blades into higher-speed rotational motion for power generation.
- Medical Devices: Planetary gearboxes find applications in medical imaging equipment, prosthetics, and surgical robots for precise and controlled motion.
- Mining and Construction: Planetary gearboxes are used in heavy equipment like excavators, loaders, and bulldozers to handle heavy loads and provide controlled movement.
- Marine Industry: They are employed in marine propulsion systems, winches, and steering mechanisms, benefiting from their compact design and high torque capabilities.
The versatility of planetary gearboxes makes them suitable for applications that require compact size, high torque density, and efficient power transmission. Their ability to handle varying torque loads, offer high gear ratios, and maintain consistent performance has led to their widespread adoption across numerous industries.
editor by CX 2023-10-12